CASA volunteers are a formidable force that fight for the rights of a child in one of the most vulnerable times in their lives. Do you have the heart, the commitment and the ability to step up to this challenge?
Requirements for our Advocates:
- Minimum age of 21
- Background checks, no arrests, abuse or neglect issues
- Minimum 10 hours a month volunteering
- At least a one year commitment as a volunteer
- 30 hours of specialized training
Are you interested in helping children but not ready to commit to becoming a volunteer advocate? There are a number of ways you can contribute your time and talents to our program, including:
- Following us on social media and promoting our posts to your friends and family. Every “like,” retweet and repost puts the message of CASA New Orleans in front of more people. Your voice is powerful!
- Inviting CASA staff to present a program to your community or civic group, recruiting volunteers, requesting a donation, etc.
- Recruiting volunteers: public speaking, staffing tables at events, talking to friends
- Attending What’s Cookin’ with CASA, our annual fundraiser, and bringing your friends with you
- Helping with our program’s newsletter
- Providing data entry on a regular basis
- Getting CASA information out in your workplace via e-newsletter, posters, brochures in pay envelopes, etc.
- Organizing a fundraiser or contacting businesses for in-kind donations: food, prizes in connection with a special event or for volunteer recognition, office supplies, etc.
- Presenting an in-service training workshop on a topic about which you have professional expertise
- Making your home, workplace or other facility available to the CASA program for training, volunteer recognition, special events, etc.
- Serving on our Board of Directors or a committee